Design by Vitaly Stepanenko

Friday, January 25, 2008

Christian Divorce Dobson and Gingrich

I was asked the other day why I bring up divorce and the shortcomings of the so called "Christian" leaders. Well, I wouldn't except for the fact that they keep bringing up the sins and shortcomings of everybody but themselves. I would much prefer that everybody just chill out. But having read the bible I know that Jesus had a real problem with hypocrites. Much more so than with adulterers, murderers, and homosexuals. In fact when it comes to homosexuals Jesus said NOTHING in the bible pro or con about them. An amazing fact that very few bible believing Christians are even aware of these days.

It brings to mind that great family leader and politician Newt Gingrich who had such a hard time with the sins of Bill Clinton for his affair with Monica Lewinsky. At the same time that Newt was attacking and judging Clinton, he was having an extramarital affair too. But instead of admitting to himself that he was a hypocrite he just felt sorry for himself, saying, "There are times that I have fallen short of my own standards. There's certainly times when I've fallen short of God's standards." Gingrich argued however, that he should not be viewed as a hypocrite for pursuing Clinton's infidelity. This is the kind of wacked out thinking that must be exposed.

Widely considered a mastermind of the Republican revolution that swept Congress in the 1994 elections, Gingrich remains wildly popular among many conservatives.

Reports of extramarital affairs have dogged him for years as a result of two messy divorces, but he has refused to discuss them publicly.

Gingrich, who frequently campaigned on family values issues, divorced his second wife, Marianne, in 2000 after his attorneys acknowledged Gingrich's relationship with his current wife, Callista Bisek, a former congressional aide more than 20 years younger than he is.

His first marriage, to his former high school geometry teacher, Jackie Battley, ended in divorce in 1981. Although Gingrich has said he doesn't remember it, Battley has said Gingrich discussed divorce terms with her while she was recuperating in the hospital from cancer surgery. I'm sure he must have prayed WWJD before the meeting.

Gingrich married Marianne months after the divorce. Ouch.

"There were times when I was praying and when I felt I was doing things that were wrong. But I was still doing them," he said in the interview. "I look back on those as periods of weakness and periods that I'm ... not proud of." Yet he is very proud of going after others while doing the same thing he condemns. With good Christian leaders like him, who needs those pagans anyway. Unless they can help raise funds to bring back morality in America again.

No comments:

Post a Comment